Hi,

On Wed, 2016-06-15 at 09:01 -0400, Peter LeBrun wrote:
> I'm getting the following error in php7.0.5:
>
> Fatal Error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to
> allocate 140729445144864 bytes)

The huge number 140729445144864 is most likely consequence of an
overflow.

Can you try to reproduce this with a debug build? - Those make the error
message a bit more verbose by stating which emalloc call caused this.
Probably one can receive more info by attaching gdb (or another
debugger) to the PHP process

i.e.

$ gdb -p 1234   # 1234 is the PID of a PHP process
(gdb) source /path/to/php-src/.gdbinit
(gdb) break zend_mm_safe_error
(gdb) run

now hit PHP a few times

(gdb) bt
[dumps system stack trace]
(gdb) zbacktrace
[dumps PHP-level stack trace, gdb macro defined in gdbinit loaded above]

johannes