to me this code is perfectly readable and static code analysis is only
complaining about missing semicolons at the end of the lines and short variable
names:

$x = loadConfig();
$x = buildDic($x);
$x = getApp($x)
$x = getRouter($x)
$x = getDispatcher($x, $request)
$x = dispatchBusinessLogic($x, $request, new Response())
$x = renderResponse($x)
$x = buildPsr7Response($x)
$response =emit($x);

I'm not sure if there is a ORM or database library out there which constructs
SQL queries with non-oop calls, maybe you can give a real-world example.

Regards
Thomas