Hi!

>> enchant:
>> I thought Pierre maintained enchant? Despite it haven't had much real
>> activity for years
>
> Well there are not much changes in the api.
>
> And it works. So -1 here.

Wait, -1 for what? Having a maintainer? How that makes sense? OK,
there's no changes in API, but tomorrow comes security issue - who's
going to take care of it? Would we just ship knowingly broken code then
and not even tell users?

>> gettext
>> WordPress can optionally use gettext for some of their po/mo files,
>> I'm not entirely sure how this is today[1], but it might be worth
>> taking into consideration if there are other users.
>
> Here as much as I do not like it. I have to oppose it. That is a major
> breakage (no, pecl is not the same).

What is major breakage - having a maintainer for this extension? I'm
sorry, I don't understand it.
--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com