On 22/09/2016 10:48, Jakub Zelenka wrote:

Nope the point of the Bob's patch is to use graceful handling with
exception that can be easily checked by the json parser for example! See
https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/1706

Ah, I stand corrected, I hadn't seen that version referenced before.

Am I right in thinking that the idea here is that if the context is exception-safe it can opt in to a more graceful handling mechanism? And that if not, it will go ahead and bail out as in Niki's patch?

If so, seems like a good way forward, assuming the additional complexity isn't too major.

Regards,
--
Rowan Collins
[IMSoP]