Hi,

Support for microseconds was added late in the 7.1 RC cycle, however is has some issues:

1. There is no easy way to set microseconds to 0, you have to call setTime see https://3v4l.org/YUhFF A setMicroseconds method would be handy and/or support to relative strings to set microseconds to 0 (just like midnight does for H:i:s). Or am I missing something?

2. Microsecond support is useful, by not by default I think. Why not introduce a 3rd parameter $with_microseconds/$set_microseconds which defaults to false? Or A second class DateTimeWithMicroseconds? Maybe not so fancy naming, but it's very clear what will happen.

3. The 4th parameter to setTime() should not cause BC breakage.

This discussion was started at https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/2186

Gr Arjen