Hi,

Even without that - we already use inline, datatypes and macros, other things
that don't belong to C89. We also use _declspec(thread) aka __thread which is
not standardized at all. The GNU extensions, or VS features, or any other
compiler specifics, are same as before. What matters, is the core C99 standard,
or at least the part implemented in any known compiler, as some #ifdefs for
platform/compiler specific non C99 features will always exist. While at the
start, it'll probably be only to make the current source to rock with C99
compilers and to be able to use some syntax/semantic sugar, later contributions
indeed using any possible other C99 features will appear. That's the point I
actually wanted to make - moving to C99, we enable a set of new features not
available with the ANSI C, that we need to internalize and accept.

Regards

Anatol