Hi,

PR
> authors/mergers to check a patch compiles and passes some basic test on
> Windows as well. The more extensive tests based on the snaps service,
which
> are to see on qa.php.net, will still continue to be done for the main
repo. So the
> AppVeyor integration is like a quick and easy way to ensure more quality
without
> big effort.
>
> The registration process is described here
> https://www.appveyor.com/docs/team-setup/#github-integration and requires
> the usual thing in approving AppVeyor to access the relevant PHP org
> repositories on GitHub (php-src only for now, for what were to care). It
seems,
> that I've sufficient perms to do the registration myself. If someone would
be
> willing to undertake this part, so it's fine.
>
> Please drop a line, in case there are some concerns. IMHO, it makes sense
> continue the development on this topic, so the AppVeyor integration is
available
> within next couple of months. It'd be first available for master only, and
likely to
> be backported into some lower branches later.

The Appveyor integration was almost prepared. I took over the original PR,
the integration scripts can be found under
https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/2229 . Most of the extensions are
covered, currently 13127 tests pass. I also fixed some dozen of test bugs.

Still there are some failing tests and some for sure  are real bugs. Of
course, it would be nice, to have the test runs green by the time the
integration stuff is merged. However, the amount of the failing tests is
really small now, and there's a good chance the corresponding bugs or fails
are crossplatform. While I'm still investigating on some, the state is
already suitable for master. For master, it is not critical, while there
will be more brains looking at the test fails. If there are no objections,
I'd therefore aim next week to finish the integration with Appveyor for PHP
by merging the PR into master and approving Appveyor for the PHP Github
organization, while subsequently continuing the further bugfixing work.

Regards

Anatol