On 23 February 2017 07:23:02 GMT+00:00, Andrey Andreev <n...@devilix.net> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 11:18 PM, Michał <aaat...@o2.pl> wrote:
>
>> "The
>declaration
>> can be made to accept NULL values if the default value of the
>parameter is
>> set to NULL".
>
>This isn't just a PHP 7 work-around for null types, it has existed
>since
>object type hints were introduced and is very widespread.

Indeed, it's far too early to think about forcing people to change all their
code to the ? notation. I'm also not convinced of the value even once that's
established; it's not like "Foo $foo = null" can ever mean *something
different* from "?Foo $foo = null", it would just be an error.

Maybe in 10 years' time we'll have another bonfire of unused features, and this
might be one, but it's not something we can plan for right now.

Regards,

--
Rowan Collins
[IMSoP]