On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 12:38 PM, Anatol Belski <a...@php.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> PHP 7.0.17 RC1 was just released and can be downloaded from:
>
>     https://downloads.php.net/~ab/
>
> The Windows binaries are available at
>
>     http://windows.php.net/qa/
>
> This release contains a number of bugfixes.
> For the list of bugfixes that you can target in your testing, please refer
> to the NEWS file:
>
>     https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/php-7.0.17RC1/NEWS

I just noticed that releases are two weeks sooner and haven't corrected the
fix for #74159 yet as I was planning to do that next week. The potential
issue is that it is changing SSL mode for socket in blocking mode which
could possibly have some BC issues (I need to verify it as it might be fine
but there is a chance that we could break something). We agreed that it
will be better to do it that just for non-blocking mode as the problem is
only there anyway. As I said I plan to do that next week so it will be
addressed in the following release. For that reason I would like to ask you
to to revert these two commits from todays RC's for 7.0 and 7.1 before it
gets released.

https://github.com/php/php-src/commit/ff8a6b1232b78abe0ad7de5a44af4be2b8839728
https://github.com/php/php-src/commit/e9873d9853da2b6153776c2e5ed6858e87f0baa2

Some discussion is also in https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/2330