On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 5:36 AM, Nikita Popov <nikita....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, this should behave as C. See also https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=69676
> for an existing bug report on the topic.

Given that bug is assigned to you, I'll just leave it in your hands then?

> I think in 7.1 it might be even fairly simple so fix this: IIRC we now store
> the defining CE on inherited constants, so we should know the scope to
> resolve against.

Even in 7.0 you could rewrite unresolved self:: references to the
current classname.Not as clean when it comes to producing error
messages, but certainly a quick and easy fix for the case where the
userspace code isn't broken.

I had initially been thinking multi-pass, but there are some pretty
easy edge cases to fall into there...

-Sara