It's the only way to distinguish between set and unset properties. Also the
only way to get all properties from an instance of an inheritance tree.
Also, it's covered by tests that were explicitly added to prevent
regressions on this.

Same as all similar discussions before this one: need an alternative way to
do things before proposing a BC break.