> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/uuid#namespace
>
> This is more a general thing. I know from many online conversations,
> meetups, and conferences that people would love to see it.

My $0.02 is basically what Nikita Popov has said at some point in the past:

The PHP namespace should be reserved for things that are language
oriented, not stuff shipped by default by PHP. For instance a PHP AST
library would appropriately live in the PHP namespace. A UUID library
which has nothing to do with PHP except that's the language we are
using would not be appropriate there.