Hi!

>> But randomly introducing docs system without any explicit decision in an
>> unrelated patch doesn't look like a good idea to me.
>>

> Wow! This sounds like you think that I am trying to deliberately
> sabotaging the PHP project. Quite the opposite is the case. I am simply

Sorry if it sounded that way, I of course meant nothing like it. I just
meant that introducing docs standard should not be made in a routine
unrelated patch, where it could be missed by many people, but as an
ordered process. Otherwise, you'd introduce Doxygen, somebody unaware of
it would introduce another thing, and pretty soon we have code
documented in a dozen of incompatible ways and it's a mess. I certainly
did not imply any malice on your part, just that we need to do it in an
explicit way that informs everybody what it happening.

> used to properly documenting my code, as it is part of any professional
> code base in my opinion.

Surely, and it's without doubt a good thing. We just need to do it
right, otherwise we'd have to spend more time later to fix it. It
requires a bit of time, but better spend it now than end up with code
documented in a way that no doc system would be able to parse, IMO.
--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com