On 6/3/2017 6:40 PM, Fleshgrinder wrote:
> Next promised RFC (and the last one for this weekend):
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/namespaces-in-core
>
> I am unsure about whether we should avoid the usage of abbreviations for
> things like language (lang), standard (std), and utility (util). I think
> it is not necessary to write them out fully, but, well, ...?!?

Bump! Voting could start tomorrow, but I would like to wait for the
outcome of the class naming [1] RFC and update this one before going to
vote. I also believe that there is actually still the need for further
discussion here.

@Nikita you are always quoted in this context. I would love to hear your
feedback on the RFC. I still believe that I addressed your concerns, and
actually agree with you. I hope that you understand the examples as,
well, examples.

@All I would still love some feedback on the open issues. I would also
be happy if you have ideas how the RFC could be made clearer. I know
that many want to see namespaces in core, this is a chance. Otherwise we
need to wait at least six months before a new proposal can be voted on
(see rule).

[1] https://wiki.php.net/rfc/class-naming

--
Richard "Fleshgrinder" Fussenegger