On 11 December 2017 at 08:46, Marco Pivetta <ocram...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Indeed that already exists at
> https://github.com/Roave/BetterReflection/blob/2.0.1/
docs/features.md#analysing-types-from-docblocks
> - relatively new lib, so it probably didn't get noticed upfront in here.

Yes, parser / userland solutions exist for this purpose.
(I have seen BetterReflection)

I just thought since this information is already available, a library
that uses reflection API should not need a userland parser to get it.

Unless the codebase being analyzed is trusted and not legacy
(wordpress-style) any tool based on the current reflection API is basically
a potential security issue or a set of potentially harmful side-effects.
The reason for me and James building BetterReflection was essentially that,
since the current API is flawed and not really fixable without BC breaks
(removing the side-effect), so I strongly encourage any code analysis tool
to just use the userland adapters we wrote, and only switch to core
reflection when performance is more critical than security.

This also means that if your addition makes it into the language it will be
implemented also by those adapters BTW, so push on 👍