On 12/19/2017 04:34 AM, Michael Moravec wrote:
I'd like to propose and discuss Mixed Typehint RFC for PHP 7.3:
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/mixed-typehint

"mixed" is too unspecific. I understand the reasoning behind wanting "mixed": to express explicitly that a type declaration was not forgotten.

I think that a "scalar" type that "groups together" bool, float, int, and string would make more sense. This would allow the expression that something is not an array, not an object, and not a resource.