On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 1:11 PM, Andrey Andreev <n...@devilix.net> wrote:
> My immediate thought is to simply bump the ICU version requirement,
> but I have no idea what kind of an impact that would have.

According to that page, 46 is seven years old.  I for one am 100% okay
with making that the minimum, though not necessarily because of the
IDNA issue.  If someone on a system running 46 needs to use the idn
functions with php 7.2, then they are motivated to bug their admin.
(Seriously though, who's on php 7.2, but hasn't updated ICU for that
long?)