> Hello PHPeople. I just published the RFC "Deprecation of fallback to root
> scope".
>
> It is quite a substantial change, but as you can read in the RFC, can be a
> (basically) transparent one.
> I'm referring to the possibility to shim it in userland. Essentially, this
> would move the feature from core to userland.
>
> I hope you like it. Let me know what you think.
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/fallback-to-root-scope-deprecation

Personally, I'm a +1 on this. I just can't see a 3/2 majority voting yes on
this proposal. But the odds could be a little better with
a "batteries included" RFC offering a tool to automatically update code by
adding the necessary use statements for core functions,
constants, and classes.

Good luck,
Márcio Almada

https://github.com/marcioAlmada