Hi!

>> None of these options is particularly appealing, and this will all be for a
>> hypothetical future improvement to the language.
>>

> Would proposing a function autoloading RFC together with this improve the
> situation?

No. Function autoloading addresses the needs of tiny part of the users.
While I am far from discounting these needs - they are still valid needs
and we may want to serve them if we can - if the costs is to impose a
huge burden on the rest of the users it doesn't make it much better.
It's the situation of "we just broke all your code" vs. "we just broke
all your code, but some of *our* code is now easier to write". Not much
of an improvement, I think.

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com