Hi!

> I've spent some time thinking about simple FFI for PHP, and finally, borrowed
> most ideas from LuaJIT.
>
> This is an initial PoC. It was tested on Linux only.
>

> https://github.com/dstogov/php-ffi
>

> I would appreciate review, comments and ideas about missing features and
> functionality.

Looks interesting. On a cursory look, couple of thoughts:
- I think all the classes involved should be made non-serializable and
non-unserializable.
- Does it load shared libraries, or only uses ones already loaded? If
the former, I think there should be a way to unload them at the request
end (even though it might be performance issue, and may be not possible
if persistent resources are involved), otherwise we leak state between
requests.
- OTOH, people may want to load a set of persistent definitions from a
config file, etc. - the ffi definition probably won't change much, and
having locked down set of FFI interfaces the rest of the code is using
might be beneficial
- Since this thing is dealing with raw pointers, etc., from PHP code,
there may be a lot of crashes from using this extension in a wrong way.
I wonder which facilities we could provide for helping people to debug
it (for people who aren't super-comfortable using gdb on PHP engine).

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com