On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 4:09 PM, Stanislav Malyshev <smalys...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure it's too late for 7.3. If we see that the extension is
> unmaintained, we could move it out for 7.3 I think.

Well, you and cmb are the RMs for 7.3, so you get the largest say in
that, but IMO we won't finish sorting out the RFC and get through vote
in time for feature freeze and pulling out whole extensions feels like
a pretty hefty change to make at that point.  Yes, the extensions
still exist in PECL, so I wouldn't vote down based on the timeline,
but it does make me nervous.

> Sounds like a good idea. If you'd like, please feel free to edit
> the RFC to add a section about public notice procedure before
> moving. Otherwise, we could just make the procedure separately,
> it doesn't *have* to be part of the RFC.

As it stands now, the RFC needs a fair amount of refactoring to make
it about general ownership/abandonment process long term.  I can
shoehorn this public notice bit in, but it's going to feel weird until
a larger rewrite is done.  Are you planning to do that? Should cmb
since he resurrected the RFC? Open season for whomever cares?

-Sara