Hi!

> switch ($a) {
>   case FOO:
>       // Works exactly as current behavior.
>       break;
>   case == FOO:
>      // Nearly identical, though not using the ZEND_CASE optimization.
>      // Can probably make this equivalent to `case FOO`, but it felt
> like an interesting direction.
>      break;
>   case === FOO:
>      // Only triggers if `$a === FOO`, no type juggling
>      break;
> }

With current tendency to move to more strict interpretation and a bit
away from type juggling, I think it has its place. But I am not a big
fan to putting === there, it looks weird. Maybe go a bit further and
make the whole switch strict?

strict switch ($a) {
        case FOO:
        case BAR:
        // both are strict ===
}

I imagine people that like strict style would want to use strict
everywhere, so for them using === every time might be annoying. This way
it makes for easier read for both strict and weak typers.
--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com