Hi Nikita,

I'm a terrible person for only bringing this up now (I apologise for not following the list as closely as I used to), but one reason case-insensitive constants are maybe useful is they leave open the possibility of being able to access functions as values in future: like some constants, function names are case-insensitive, and a fallback could be added to constant accesses to return a closure of the function with the same name if no constant is found.

Of course, removing case-insensitive constants wouldn't preclude such a feature, just make it a little more annoying to implement, so this is not really a significant reason to vote against. To that end, I'll vote in favour of this deprecation.

Thanks!
--
Andrea Faulds
https://ajf.me/