As long as it suffices for the platform targeted for packaging, that'd work.
I'd wonder, if we could use this approach to have the exact tools version on
Travis. Then it'd be matching with what is tested and released. If that'd be
ok, still the Stas concern about other platforms were to be respected. Perhaps
we could integrate such a mechanism into the core, but it should fallback to
available re2c, bison and whatever, if the given platform can't build the
required tool version. As it would be for dev, perhaps it could be ignored, as
a release would deliver the generated files. Or, we should still keep the
generated files in the repo.

Regards

Anatol