I understand the $errcontext argument to the set_error_level()
callback was deprecated in 7.2.

Apparently, this was deemed "not useful", but what's the alternative?

I understand that debug_backtrace() reports the arguments on the
call-stack, but... just the arguments - no local vars.

I understand you want people to use a real debugger, but there's also
such a thing as error-handling in production - this information was
logged and was useful in conjunction with Sentry, and probably other
error-handlers.

But this feature has been removed, and there's no alternative?