On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 14:48, Rowan Collins <rowan.coll...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Currently, it has no methods, and matches no type checks other than itself
> and "object"; in a sense, it doesn't even have any properties, just the
> ability to add them dynamically. To me, that makes sense: it's the
> "classless object", the absolute bare minimum any object could be.

Apologies for the multiple replies, but it just occurred to me that with
anonymous classes, we can define something even more minimal:

$foo = new class {};
$bar = new stdClass;

Given that stdClass is returned as a "default structureless object" by a
lot of internal functions, what is the justification for $foo and $bar here
behaving differently?

Regards,
--
Rowan Collins