> Am 03.02.2019 um 06:18 schrieb Zeev Suraski <vsura...@gmail.com>:

Hey Zeev,

why is dealing with voting eligibility a requirement for a new RFC dealing with
the RFC process? Everything which is not dealt with, is simply inherited from
status quo. And I personally don't think the current rules regarding voting
eligibility, while possibly not perfect, are in such a bad state that they
immediately need a rework. The door to concrete, separate proposals fixing
voting eligibility is not closed with this RFC. You are always free to open a
new specific RFC and discuss about a voting eligibility proposal.

In addition, the newly proposed RFC here is absolutely not vague. It is pretty
well defined, showing a few clear boundaries. For everything else it is the
task of the voter to establish whether a RFC is ready and shall be voted in as
is. It's precisely that which makes a great voting process. In particular with
a 2/3 required majority, I strongly doubt that bullshit RFCs which are quickly
proposed and moved to vote, will ever be accepted. I trust our voters enough to
know when something should definitely not be accepted.

And I strongly hope that you are not lacking faith in us PHP RFC voters, that
you feel like you couldn't trust us to apply sensible judgement to each RFC.

Thanks,
Bob