On Friday, February 15, 2019 3:36:40 AM CST Dmitry Stogov wrote:
> Just two things.
>
> I definitely don't think, I "just made it 100x more complicated".
> I hate complication, and trying to make things simpler and more
> efficient. This, sometime, involves new more or less isolated subsystems
> like optimizer and now JIT. Of course, they look complex, if you are not
> experienced in these areas. But PHP core may work without them.
>
> Nobody will port their complex applications to PHP-8 preview, just to
> try JIT. Having this possibility in PHP-7.4 would involve broader auditory.
>
> Thanks. Dmitry.

Perhaps I missed this part, but is "port to PHP 8-preview" or "port to JIT"
even a thing?  Presumably, just like with 7.0, any reasonably well-behaved
application would be able to run without modification or with only minor
modification on 8.0, no?

I mean, if someone wanted to try out their massive application to see if the
JIT helped it, why would it be more work than (psuedocode):

git clone myapp.git
cd myapp
docker run php8-preview
*open web browser*