Hello,

On 06.03.19 01:16, Andrea Faulds wrote:
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/trailing_whitespace_numerics

I expect this should be an uncontroversial proposal, but maybe I'm jinxing it there. I hope you all like it. :)

Thanks to Nikita for reminding me it existed and thus motivating me to pick it up again. Also thanks to Nikita for suggesting a potential follow-up RFC, and also making the “Saner string to number comparisons” RFC, both providing additional impetus for me to finally clean this up and put it to discussion.

Hmm, my first reaction would be the opposite.

For all the changes which happened during the years, PHP got stricter; this would make it more lax.

I know this is totally not the goal of the RFC, by my feeling is if we would change something (ignoring BC break for a sec) that it would be to actually _remove_ support for leading whitespace 🤷‍♀️

- Markus