On Tue, Mar 19, 2019, at 3:25 PM, Levi Morrison wrote:
> Today in the Dart world, Bob Nystrom published an article called
> [Making Dart a Better Language for UI][1]. I think it's an incredibly
> relevant article, since it is essentially about comprehensions, why
> they are a thing, as well as some of the design choices they made.
>
> I think everyone in this thread ought to spend the 10-15 minutes reading it.
>
>   [1]:
> https://medium.com/dartlang/making-dart-a-better-language-for-ui-f1ccaf9f546c

I love that explanation, and the solution they come up with sounds very
elegant.  There's only two caveats to it:

* Something along those lines in PHP would be even more work, and again I'm
still looking for someone who can implement the design here; without a
volunteer for that, this discussion is all hypothetical. :-(

* It doesn't seem like it would address the generator/iterator side, which is
what my main target is.  Splatting an array into another array sounds highly
useful, but the style there wouldn't (as far as I can tell) offer any solution
for the lazy-evaluation case which, as Rowan just pointed out later in the
thread, is still highly important and impossible to get from a
greedy-evaluation construct.

--Larry Garfield