Morning Niklas,

Allowing the extension of voting leaves us open to someone extending the
voting period simply because they don't feel like they have the result they
wanted.

The problem we're trying to solve is votes that are too short, while
providing the flexibility to have longer votes, but we need to know at the
start of voting what the voting period is going to be. Take for example the
case where a third party to an RFC is planning some work based on the
results of the voting, it doesn't seem fair that their schedule could be
interfered with by the first party after voting starts.

In the vast majority of cases where someone forgets or isn't aware of a
holiday period, they are going to be told on day one of voting (if not
before, during discussion), and can simply adjust the voting period, and
restart the vote (if there has been any votes at the first interjection)
without having lost any time.

Cheers
Joe