I think that the RFC covers a great deal of possible syntaxes and their
tradeoffs.

`==>` requires *a lot* of changes to the current parser, and external
tooling as mentioned by Rowan.

It has not even been specified whether the `==>` syntax could land into PHP
7.4, or could require postponing to PHP 8.0.
I do not think that saving these two little chars `fn` justifies the extra
complexity and possible late adoption, if not by PHP, at least by external
tooling.
Also, extra parser complexity potentially means slower compilation times,
even if it's just during opcache warmup.

@nikic, the RFC does not mention changes to reflection:

- Will arrow functions be accessed through ReflectionFunction as well?
- Will they be distinguishable from regular closures, with a method such as
`isShortClosure()` or `isArrowFunction()`?

Thanks,
Ben