> On 23 Apr 2019, at 06:30, azjezz <azj...@protonmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Ben.
>
> yes, i have made a gist with a simple example to show the `as` operator usage
> in hack + HHVM ( 4.1.0 ) output.
>
> see : https://gist.github.com/azjezz/03955ff2b009f1ced22ce68c9a862847
>
> Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com) Secure Email.

I like the idea but I find the syntax (both suggestions) less than great, given
that there’s already “ensure a type” syntax, and both suggestions are already
used for other things (casting and foreach)

Is there some reason (eg ambiguities) a type can’t just be placed before a
variable to ensure a type, similar to a function parameter or typed property?

Eg

string $foo = 'bar';
array $bar = getBar();
foreach($bar as int $k => string $v) {...}

Cheers

Stephen