Hi!

> A cursory scan of current usage suggests that number format separator might
> be used in scenarios such as:
>
> Phone numbers
> 919_555_1234
> 49_89_636_48018

Just noting here that using integers as phone numbers is not something
we want to support, enable or promote.

> Date time values
> 2018_04_26
> 20180426_183242

Same here, these are not integers (or numbers).

> Range end points (using any locale's grouping strategy)
> 2_147_483_647
> 1_67_77_215

These are numbers, but should be only ever used in constants (with
appropriate comment).

I am not exactly against this feature, but the potential for abuse -
like enabling people using integers for things that are not integers and
should not be stored as integers - worries me now.
--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com