Am 25.04.2019 um 11:52 schrieb Nikita Popov
<nikita....@gmail.com<mailto:nikita....@gmail.com>>:

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 2:33 PM Bob Weinand
<bobw...@hotmail.com<mailto:bobw...@hotmail.com>> wrote:
Hey,

I feel like concatenation having the same precedence than addition and
subtraction is promoting programmers to make mistakes. Albeit typically easy to
catch ones, it is a quality of life change at least.

Hence I'm proposing a RFC changing the precedences:
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/concatenation_precedence

Bob

Similarly to the ternary associativity RFC, I've analyzed the top 2000 composer
packages and checked whether they would be affected by this change:
https://gist.github.com/nikic/a4df3e8e18c7955c2c21cf6cdb4cbfaa

The tl;dr is that there were 5 instances where behavior would change per this
RFC, and all 5 of them are bugs in current code and would be interpreted
correctly after this RFC.

Nikita

Thanks for the analysis,

Given the confirmation that the impact is minimal (rather beneficial), I'll add
this to the RFC and start voting tomorrow.

Bob