Hi Internals team!

I have an idea for a feature that I'd love to see in the language one day and
wanted to run the idea by you all.

The idea is to add a new magic method "__toArray()" that would allow a
developer to specifiy how a class is cast to an array. The idea is the same
mentality of __toString(), but, for arrays.

I would personally love this feature and those I've run it by were also excited
by the idea. So I'm soliciting feedback in hopes that things go well and I can
officially write the RFC. As for implementation, Sara Golemon is awesome and
while chatting a few months back, knocked out a proof-of-concept implementation
<https://github.com/sgolemon/php-src/tree/experimental.toarray>.  There's still
work to be done if this proposal gets to the RFC phase, but again, just gauging
interest here.

I appreciate any feedback you all can provide.

Thanks,

- Steven Wade