> It is surprising how thing that is considered by one to be a security risk,
> is treated
> as nothing relevant by others. This dichotomy is quite disturbing - in what
> case
> removing security risk is "no real gain"?

It's questionable that a misconfigured environment is a "security" risk caused
by language rather than ignorance of the administrator.

On that matter you could ask why are all the exec/passthru/proc_open etc
functions/features are allowed by default while every other guide on hardening
web suggests those to be disabled (added to disable_functions)?
I would bet there have been a lot more (actual) security breaches because of
unsanitized/unescaped parameters to those.

Just to repeat some other people - there are a lot other things to work on than
this.

rr