> While possibly a bit hyperbolic, most of the arguments basically come off
> that way to me as well. I've definitely viewed most of what you've said in
> that manner.

I guess we're in some kind of limbo where half of the people do not consider
problems which short open tags create as serious, and other half does not
consider BC break implications as serious.
I already migrated some quite big legacy apps from `<?` to `<?php` using
existing tools for this, and I can't even image simpler BC break to deal
with. So for me "it will be so hard to upgrade" arguments are also exaggerated,
and that's why I'm concerned about future BC breaks - if such simple
change encounters such fierce resistance, then what kind of BC break can be
accepted?

Regards,
Robert Korulczyk