Hi!

>> encountered a PHP developer who thought using uninitialized variables
>> was fine.
>
> Now you have. Nice to meet you.

And there are more of us. You learn something new every day!

>> I knew it worked, but I always considered this to basically be
>> the PHP equivalent of undefined behavior in C. And I don't think anyone

It's not. It's very well defined behavior, that is not going to break -
unless it is broken intentionally in a zeal for adding more strictness
for the sake of strictness. So, another thing to learn. I love learning
new things, and love helping others do so!

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com