On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 2:30 PM Gerard Roche <gerard.roche....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > gcov.php.net used to provide valgrind reports and code coverage for
> > php-src. It no longer works with 7.4/8.0, because the OS is very old, and
> > building new versions of PHP there gets very hard. The valgrind reports
> > have essentially been subsumed by asan/ubsan on Azure Pipelines, but
> we're
> > still missing a replacement for code coverage.
>
> The index page for v7.4 and the master branch say the build failed but
> it looks like the
> valgrind and coverage reports are still generated:
>
> http://gcov.php.net/PHP_HEAD/lcov_html/
>
> > The first step is probably to get code coverage working locally. We have
> > ./configure --enable-gcov option and there's some extra make targets in
> > build/Makefile.gcov. Maybe taking a look at what
> > https://github.com/php/web-gcov/blob/master/cron/cron.sh does would
> help.
> >
> > Second step is to add a new job in azure by copying
> > https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/master/azure/job.yml and adding the
> > necessary gcov/lcov magic there.
> >
> > The hard part if how to get those results published on Azure under the
> > "Code coverage" tab. There is a PublishCodeCoverageResults task for this
> > purpose, but I don't know how one would use that with lcov in particular.
> > It seems to me that part of it requires a coverage overview in a specific
> > format and part is just a directory with HTML, so maybe the result from
> ltp
> > genhtml can just be used there? Figuring out how to make this work is
> > likely going to be "fun" ;)
> >
> > Nikita
>
> Is the intention to close down gcov.php.net completely?
>
> re: https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/4746

Thanks for working on this! The code coverage support is merged now and is
published daily on azure. Here's how it looks like:
https://dev.azure.com/phpazuredevops/PHP/_build/results?buildId=3335&view=codecoverage-tab

With that done, I think we can shut down gcov.php.net when PHP 7.3 goes
EOL, which is the last version that still works there.

Nikita