On 21-10-19 11:10, David Negrier wrote:
> I'm considering writing an RFC (and a patch) to turn some warning into
> exceptions in a number of PHP functions.
> I would first like to gather some feedback here.

I think this is definitely worth a shot. My suggestion would be to split
the effort in sets of functions based on the amount of BC break that
would be involved.

Functions that would require a minor BC break that is unlikely to affect
a lot of code could be bundled in one RFC. The list of functions could
then be discussed and finally voted on. Another RFC could address
functions that are expected to cause bigger BC issues which could be
fixed using an automatic fixer. Yet another RFC for functions that would
require manual fixing of BC issues. Some of these functions might
require an RFC of their own. A step at a time.

Regards,
Dik Takken