Location: Doha (Qatar)
Date: 1.–3.2.2015
Deadline: 30.9.2014

The Liberal Arts Program at Texas A&M University at Qatar is pleased
to announce the Call for Proposals for its Third Annual Liberal Arts
International Conference. Following the success of the past two
years, this third annual conference will explore the impacts of
globalization from a variety of disciplinary lenses. How has
globalization transformed us individually and collectively? How is
globalization shaping notions of ethics? Is globalization merely a
shrinking of the world or is it transforming human experience? What
challenges does globalization pose to understandings of the self and
the other? How do we sustain a globalized world in terms of food,
energy, and education? Are we already living in a post-globalized
world?

We welcome submissions from across the spectrum of academic fields,
including politics, history, linguistics, technology, language
studies, sociology, anthropology, geography, economics, philosophy,
ethics, law, religion, and cultural studies. We especially encourage
contributions from PhD students and scholars working in non-western
and/or underrepresented regions.

- Globalization and Technologies
- Ethics in a Globalized World
- Language and Globalization
- Transnational Education
- Historical Perspectives on Globalization
- Cross-Cultural Encounters with Globalization
- Contrasting Global North/Global South
- Comparing East/West Perspectives
- Globalization and the Environment
- Citizenship and Indigeneity
- Globalization and Gender/Race/Ethnicity
- Heritage in a Globalized World
- Communication and Globalization
- Food Security and Globalization

Submission of individual papers and panel proposals on these or other
related themes are welcome. The conference can provide travel funds
for international participants who need funding. Select papers will
be considered for publication in a peer-reviewed volume or a special
issue of an international journal.

In order to be considered, please submit a panel proposal or
individual paper proposal by SEPTEMBER 30 through the conference link
at: http://liberalarts.qatar.tamu.edu

Conference Committee:
Leslie Seawright
Trinidad Rico