Location: Cleveland, OH (USA)
Date: 9.–11.10.2015
Deadline: 15.5.2015

The Crossing Over International Symposium focuses on border studies.
It analyzes borders as a physical, psychological and symbolic
experience that affects relationships and negotiations among people
around the world. We welcome papers about encounters, conflicts and
resolutions between cultures, countries, races, religions, genders,
ideologies, languages, neighborhoods, generations, social classes,
etc. We are interested in an interdisciplinary dialogue within the
Humanities and the Social Sciences.

Themes:
- Cultural Borders
- Political Borders
- Educational Borders
- Religious Borders
- International Borders
- Intranational Borders
- Linguistic Borders
- Gender Borders
- Ideological Borders
- Age Borders
- Tribal Borders
- Social Class/Caste Borders
- Identity Borders
- Neighborhood Borders

Submissions:
- Electronic abstracts only to Dr. Antonio Medina-Rivera:
  crossingover...@gmail.com
- Deadline: May 15, 2015
- One page abstract in Word format.
- Organization of sessions with 3-4 participants is highly encouraged.

Papers can be submitted to our open access online journal 'Cultural
Encounters, Conflicts, and Resolutions':
http://engagedscholarship.csuohio.edu/cecr

Keynote Speaker:
Luis Alberto Urrea
Pullitzer Prize Finalist, National Bestseller

Contact:

Dr. Antonio Medina-Rivera
Department of Modern Languages
Cleveland State University