Call for Publications

Publication: Global Social Theory

Many of you will already be familiar with the new research and
pedagogy resource 'Global Social Theory' which is partly inspired by
the 'Why is my curriculum white?' movement and seeks to build a
series of accessible introductions to truly global thinkers, as well
as to important concepts and topics:
http://globalsocialtheory.org

The site is now widely used as a teaching resource, which is
wonderful, but we still need to build up the content in order to keep
the project growing.

Many key thinkers have yet to be profiled, including Said, Spivak,
Bhabha, Walter Rodney, Chakrabarty, and other prominent scholars.
However, we would also like many more entries on thinkers who have
not been canonised in Western scholarship, or who work through
registers other than academic texts, such as music, poetry or fiction.

Otherwise, many key concepts and topics have yet to be covered
including, land, labour, freedom, space, sovereignty, subjectivity,
violence, security, and so on.

So, please do get in touch with me if you would like to contribute a
summary of a concept, topic or thinker. Entries have ranged from
shorter 300 word summaries to more detailed 900 word overviews, but
each entry includes 'Essential Readings', 'Further Readings' and some
key 'Questions' which are very useful in a classroom setting.

Contact:

Lisa Tilley, Erasmus Mundus GEM Joint Doctoral Fellow
Department of Politics and International Studies
University of Warwick
United Kingdom
Email: lisa.til...@warwick.ac.uk

http://interphil.polylog.org