Location: Nijmegen (Netherlands)
Date: July – December 2020
Deadline: 31.3.2020

We are looking for scholars to further develop the research line
started by Dr Anya Topolski on the race-religion constellation
(www.racereligionresearch.org). The goal of this research is to
develop a European critical philosophy of race by focusing on the
intersection of race and religion manifest in terms of antisemitism,
islamophobia and antiziganism.

We welcome applications for a research fellowship in the
interdisciplinary field of critical philosophy of race for the first
semester of the next academic year. You will be provided with a
salary, an office, and access to university libraries. In return, you
will be expected to participate in the group's activities, apply for
an NWO VENI postdoctoral fellowship (3 years full-time or 4 years
part-time. For more information see www.nwo.nl) to be submitted in
December 2020. The NWO application also requires preparing a
pre-proposal due late August/early September. We also expect you to
present your research in a seminar, assist in applying for other
related grants, and lead a seminar/workshop on issues of gender/race
for the staff of the Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious
Studies.

Requirements:

- A PhD in a relevant discipline (or a defense date set for prior to
  August 1 2020).
- Eligible to apply for the NWO Veni (please check their website for
  details) or another equivalent grant.
- Several publications.
- A background in a field related to race/racism/racialization (i.e.
  critical philosophy of race, critical legal theory, critical race
  studies).
- A good command of written and spoken English.

We offer

- Employment: 20 - 40 hours per week.
- A maximum gross monthly salary of € 4.978 based on a 38-hour
  working week (salary scale 11).
- The exact salary depends on the candidate's qualifications and
  amount of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3%
  end-of-year bonus.
- Duration of the contract: The appointment will be for 3 months (40
  hours), 4 months (30 hours) or 6 months (20 hours) and can be taken
  up between July and December 2020.
- You will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service: our Dual
  Career Officer will assist with family-related support, such as
  child care, and help your partner prepare for the local labour
  market and with finding an occupation.
- Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?

Would you like more information?

For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Dr. Anya Topolski
Associate Professor Ethics and Political Philosophy
Email: a.topol...@ftr.ru.nl

Website:
https://www.ru.nl/english/working-at/vacature/details-vacature/?recid=1094507&pad=%2Fenglish&doel=embed&taal=uk&fbclid=IwAR3jqxNLY1W9vGN_VKrGrLO-0sZ6sP11Ig7gReJrGbu-St6clFl80D4UxhI

Apply directly

Please address your application to Dr. Anya Topolski and submit it,
using the application button, no later than 31 March 2020, 23:59
Amsterdam Time Zone.

Your application should include the following attachments:

- Letter of motivation.
- CV.
- A link to a published article.
- A brief outline of the intended research topic (1 page max.).

The interviews will take place on 20 April 2020. Skype is possible.

Contact:

Dr. Anya Topolski
Associate Professor Ethics and Political Philosophy
Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies
Radboud Universiteit Nijmegen
Erasmusplein 1, Office 16.22
6525 HT Nijmegen
Phone +32 479641764