InvestorMap.com Newsletter   -   4/20/1999

brought to you by:

http://www.investormap.com - THE guide to investing on the web!

In this edition:

   + Intro
   + Investing News and Articles
   + Online Investing News
   + Personal Finance
   + Year 2000 Update
   + Free Offers
   + Feedback
   + Subscribe/Unsubscribe Instructions

-- Intro --

Welcome to the latest issue of the InvestorMap.com ezine.

We had several requests from our readers after publishing
our last newsletter about how to make our daily markets page
their home page.  It's quite easy - so for those of you who
would like to know how , here goes:
In Microsoft Explorer, from the menu bar click on View, then select
Internet Options. At this page where it says "address" at the top,
type in http://investormap.com/dailymarkets.htm then click OK.

In Netscape Navigator, from the menu bar click on Edit, then select
Preferences. At this page where it says "location" , type in

http://investormap.com/dailymarkets.htm then click OK. Be sure that
the button next to Home Page is clicked at the top of this page.

If you find our information of use, why not forward it to a
friend?  Subscribe at http://investormap.com/ezine.htm

Newsletter sponsorships and web site banner packages are available.
This is a great way to let the world know about your web site.
Contact us at http://investormap.com/contact.htm

----------- A message from our sponsor -----------

Reasonably Priced Internet Picks

Warren Buffett devotee Richard Young, recommends ten
Internet leaders that are fairly priced compared to
other Internet stocks, but not nearly as volatile.
Included on his list are technology sector standouts
Cisco Systems, Lucent, SUN, Oracle, and Qwest. Get all
Young's recommendations with your FREE 30-day trial to
the Intelligence Report online now at:
http://www.investools.com/cgi-bin/offer1/INTE/MAP-intetip

-- Investing News and Articles--

Janus, the nations largest concentrated fund, has closed its
door to any new Janus Twenty (JAVLX) investors.

http://www.morningstar.net/news/Ms/FeaturedFund/990416ff.msnhtml

A group of top market strategists unanimously agree that the
United States is an 'economic sweet spot' and will continue to
be one for the foreseeable future. Speaking at the New York
Society of Securities Analysts conference, their advice about
which way the market is headed --  for the most part, ride the
bull.

http://www.iionline.com/tbd/anfdt_frm.asp?ff_id=1481

Another investing choice -- options based on the Dow Jones
Internet Commerce Index. The Dow Jones Internet Commerce
Index is a modified capitalization-weighted index of 15 of the
largest and most actively traded companies involved in providing
goods and services through an open network such as the internet.
The index was set to a base level of 100.00 as of June 30, 1998.
As of February 22, 1999 the index level was 220.26.

http://www.cboe.com/products/prodspec/ecm-spec.htm

Our Options page links you to charts, quotes, newsletters, brokers,
and everything related to options trading.

http://investormap.com/option.htm

How much will a 1% annual fee reduce the final account
balance in a mutual fund investment over a 20-year period? A
new computer program developed by federal regulators will help
mutual fund investors find the answer. (It's 18 percent).
http://biz.yahoo.com/apf/990407/mutual_fun_1.html

You can download it at
http://www.sec.gov/mfcc/mfcc-int.htm

For mutual fund information on topics ranging from market analysis
and brokers to research and trading go to:
http://investormap.com/mutual.htm

Don't forget about our up-to-date, up-to-the-minute financial news
at http://investormap.com/newswire.htm

-- Online Investing News --

Stock trades made through the Internet in the first quarter of
1999 reached record numbers. Online trading volumes rose 30
percent to 35 percent despite overall market volumes rising
just under 5 percent over the same period.  In addition, shares
of online brokerages also soared to record highs.

http://www.wired.com/news/news/business/story/18963.html

Find information on everything from market timing and
day trading to the latest IPO's and broker's at:

http://investormap.com/stock.htm

Trying to decide which Net broker is best for you?  This article
provides some tips and trade-offs when making that decision.
They also say that the most reliable way for investors to profit
from the Internet revolution isn't by investing in Internet stocks,
it's by investing through Web-based brokers.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/articles/common/index.asp?ID=3198

This Advisory Services page links you to all types of advisories
for all types of markets.

http://investormap.com/adv.htm

Traders are getting excited about Barnes & Noble stock because an
IPO is looming for barnesandnoble.com (the online store as a
separate entity), which could lead the stock even higher than it
already is.  With a price/earnings ratio of 30.33, predictors say
this is perhaps the most high-profile IPO of the year planned.
Barnes & Noble could be one of the smartest and most secure
e-commerce plays for investors.

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/news/articles/990412-stock.shtml

This informative article about online fund trading gives you tips
and suggestions along with a review on the best online fund trading
sites.

http://www.mfmag.com/apr1999/trdfund.htm

-- Personal Finance --

The (Re)Finance Center is a one-stop shop to help you find financing
for 1st and 2nd mortgages, new and used auto loans, and credit cards.
http://www.ineedcredit.com

The Social Security Administration provides access to their
Personal Earnings and Benefit Estimate Statement(PEBES).  This
document estimates your future Social Security benefits and
tells you how to qualify for those benefits.
https://s00dace.ssa.gov/pro/batch-pebes/bp-7004home.shtml

It's never too soon to start thinking about saving for your
child's college education.  This planner gives you a lot of tips
and information on the best ways to save.

http://www.quicken.com/life_events/college/planner/notemplates/frames.dcg?p
artner=cnnfn

On our InvestorMap.com page we provide you with tools and info
to master your personal finances.
http://investormap.com/personal.htm

-- Y2K News --

Lawmakers and regulators say the public should watch out for
new investment scams that prey on fears that banks won't be able to
handle the Year 2000 computer bug.
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/ap/technology/story.html?s=v/ap/1999041
3/tc/year_2000_scams_2.html

The FAA recently announced that U.S. air traffic control systems
passed a live test to see if it could cope with any Y2K computer
glitches.
http://www.cnn.com/TRAVEL/NEWS/9904/11/faa.y2k/

-One free issue of Stocks and Commodities magazine
-Four free issues of U.S. News and World Report
-One free issue of Money magazine
-One free issue of Fast Company magazine

You can stop by and get all of these at:
http://investormap.com/offers.htm

-- Feedback --

Please send any ideas and suggestions to:

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED].

Good investing,

Jon Walker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Disclaimer: The financial markets are risky. Investing is risky. The
foregoing has been prepared solely for informational purposes and is
not a solicitation, or an offer to buy or sell any security.

Published by InvestorMap.com. Copyright C 1999 InvestorMap.com. All
rights reserved.
,