On 02 Feb 2021 10:17, Jean-Philippe Brucker wrote:
> Hi Al,
>
> On Fri, Dec 04, 2020 at 01:18:25PM -0700, Al Stone wrote:
> > > I updated the doc: https://jpbrucker.net/virtio-iommu/viot/viot-v9.pdf
> > > You can incorporate it into the ASWG proposal.
> > > Changes since v8:
> > > * One typo (s/programing/programming/)
> > > * Modified the PCI Range node to include a segment range.
> > >
> > > I also updated the Linux and QEMU implementations on branch
> > > virtio-iommu/devel in https://jpbrucker.net/git/linux/ and
> > > https://jpbrucker.net/git/qemu/
> > >
> > > Thanks again for helping with this
> > >
> > > Jean
> >
> > Perfect.  Thanks.  I'll update the ASWG info right away.
>
> Has there been any more feedback on the VIOT specification? I'm wondering
> when we can start upstreaming support for it.
>
> Thanks,
> Jean

Ah, sorry, Jean.  I meant to get back to you sooner.  My apologies.

The latest version that resulted from the discussion with Yinghan of
Microsoft is the one in front the ASWG; I think if you upstream that
version, it should be identical to the spec when it is next published
(post ACPI 6.4).

The process is: (1) propose the change, (2) review it in committee,
(3) give people more time to think about it, then (4) have a finale
vote.  We've been iterating over (1), (2) and (3).  Since there was
no new discussion at the last meeting, we should have the final vote
on this (4) in the next meeting.  I had hoped we could do that last
week but the meeting was canceled at the last minute.  I hope to have
the final vote this Thursday and will let you know as soon as it has
been decided.

My apologies for the delays; getting things done by committee always
takes a bazillion times longer than one would think.

--
ciao,
al