On Thu, Aug 12, 2021, at 13:29, Joerg Roedel wrote:
> Hi Sven,
>
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 08:09:53AM +0200, Sven Peter wrote:
> > This happens because apple/dart is missing the "Optimizing
> > iommu_[map/unmap] performance"
> > series which is already in the core branch [1].
> > The same commit works fine in iommu/next since that branch merges both
> > iommu/core and
> > apple/dart.
>
> Okay, thanks. I re-based the DART patches on-top of my core branch,
> which contains the changes for iommu_[map/unmap] performance. I
> generally don't like rebasing topic branches, but made an exception here
> to not break bisectability.
>
> Thanks,
>
>       Joerg

Hi Joerg,

Thanks, and sorry about that! I'll try to make it more clear if anything depends
on another series in the future or just try to avoid it altogether if possible.

Just a heads up about a similar situation you may already be aware of: Once
Robin's
DMA domain strictness refactoring [1] is merged, the current DART driver will
fail due
to patch 12 there, which unexports iommu_get_dma_cookie. It'll need a small
adjustment just like all the other drivers (which will also fix two small bugs
it just made me notice: I never use iommu_put_dma_cookie and also
unconditionally
grab a DMA cookie for all domain types).

Unless I'm mistaken I can't make that adjustment before the first patch of
that series has been merged, and Robin can't make that adjustment in his series
because it'll presumably go through another topic branch.

Best,

Sven

[1]
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-iommu/cover.1628682048.git.robin.mur...@arm.com/