Hi,

I have been using ion for a while, but this is my first time on the
mailing list.

I have recently created a lua script (my first!) which is working
perfectly for what I wrote it for (enforcing microbreaks).

However, when it is enabled (i.e dopath()'d), if I use keyboard resize
mode, ion appears to lock up. I can't exit resize mode, resize, or do
any other ion functions. killall -USR1 ion3 and killall -HUP ion3 have
no effect. I was wondering if anyone here has any ideas of what I
might be doing wrong?




-------------------------------------------------------
local timer = ioncore.create_timer()
local prev_val = 0

function readrsi()
 local f=io.popen('/home/jarrod/bin/readus', 'r')
 if not f then
   return "err"
 end
 local s=f:read('*all')
 f:close()
 local _, _, r, level = string.find(s, "(([0-9]+)[0-9:I =-]+)")
 mod_statusbar.inform("rsi", r)
 mod_statusbar.update()
 if not ( prev_val == level ) then
   dopath("look_auto" .. level .. ".lua")
   dopath("action_auto" .. level .. ".lua")
   prev_val = level
 end
 timer:set(1000, readrsi)
end

readrsi()
---------------------------------------------------



For the curious, readus returns a line which shows which length of
break I should be in, timers until I should be in each break, and how
long X has been idle. If anyone wants the code (in C) just email me.

--
Jarrod Lowe

Reply via email to