I've had this issue for a long time, it's incredibly annoying.

My experience is slightly different in that I can never retrieve focus
from the most recently opened firefox window (not tab, not most recently
loaded page, the most recently opened instance of firefox).

I had assumed it was a ff problem, because I thought I remembered seeing
it on gnome/kde way back when.
Looking at a colleagues machine now however counters that assumption...

I've not really looked into it much beyond noting that it's the most
recent ff window with focus and therefore I just open another and drag
the tab across (there is an extension to reorder tabs that allows that).
 It's horrible and hacky, but it seems to work...

John

Jordan Sissel wrote:
> I've had this problem for a long time, but I've never had it annoy me
> since I've used only one firefox window. My usage patterns have changed,
> and now it is more common for me to have multiple windows open.
> 
> In ion-3ds (and even as far back as ion2, iirc) Firefox will fail to
> recognize proper focus. Ion will have one frame highlighted indicating
> one firefox window has focus, while keypresses will be acknowledged in
> the other window. This is incredibly annoying. It can sometimes be
> worked around by focusing another workspace or another frame several
> times over, then the "correct" firefox window will receive keystrokes as
> desired.
> 
> I have not looked into what causes this. I don't really care what causes
> it so much as "Can it be fixed?"
> 
> If it can be fixed, how? If others experience this, please speak up.
> I'll be happy to contribute patches if I know how to fix it.
> 
> -Jordan

Reply via email to